What is Service Line Coverage from FEDNAT Insurance?
Service Line Coverage provides protection against a leak, break, tear, rupture, collapse or arcing of a covered service line caused by:
• Collapse, but not including sinkhole or subsidence collapse.
• Electrical and mechanical or pressure systems breakdown.
• Rust or other corrosion, decay, deterioration, hidden or latent defect.
• Wear and tear.
Examples of covered property include:
• Ground loop piping that connects to a heat pump.
• Power line that provides electrical service to the insured premise or related private structures.
• Sewer piping that connects from the residence to a public sewer system or private septic system.
• Water piping that connects from the residence to a public water supply system or private well system.
The covered service line occurrence must:
• Be located at the insured location.
• Be located underground.
• Be owned by the insured or the insured must be legally liable for its repair or replacement.
• Provide a service to the dwelling as defined in the endorsement.
Other terms include a 90 day waiting period from the inception of coverage, a flat $500 per occurrence deductible, a $10,000 per occurrence limit, and excavation costs are covered. Note that blockage or low pressure of a service line is not covered as there is no direct damage.